Focus and Scope
A journal TEKNOSIA, Provides a forum for publishing the original research articles, review articles from contributors, and the novel technology news related to pure and interdisciplinary of sciences and engineering. Scientific articles dealing with sciences, technology and engineering fields of electric and electronics, mechanics, materials, structure, civil, informatics, computer, etc. are particularly welcomed.
This journal encompasses original research articles, review articles, and short communications, including:
- Fundamental of Electrics;
- Fundamental of Electronics;
- Informatics Engineering;
- Software Engineering;
- System Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Energy and Conservation;
- Civil Engineering;
- Water and Resources Engineering;
- Bio-System Application.
Original Research Articles
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
The practice of peer review is to ensure that the highest quality science is published. It is an objective process at the heart of good scholarly publishing and is carried out on all reputable scientific journals. Our referees therefore play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of TEKNOSIA and all manuscripts are peer reviewed following the procedure outlined below.
Initial manuscript evaluation
The Editor and editorial manager first evaluate all manuscripts. Submissions rejected at this stage are insufficiently original, have serious scientific flaws, have poor grammar or English language, or are outside the aims and scope of the journal. Those that meet the minimum criteria are passed on to at least 2 experts for review.
Authors of manuscripts rejected at this stage will be informed within 2 weeks of receipt.
Type of Peer Review
This journal employs double blind reviewing, where both the referee and author remain anonymous throughout the process.
How the referee is selected
Referees are matched to the paper according to their expertise. TEKNOSIA holds a database of reviewers which is linked to a set of keywords. These are matched to the keywords provided by the author when submitting a paper.
Referees are asked to evaluate whether the manuscript:
- Is original
- Is methodologically sound
- Follows appropriate ethical guidelines
- Has results which are clearly presented and support the conclusions
- Correctly references previous relevant work
This evaluation is done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Overall quality and scientific originality (including quality of literature used). Reviews needs to take into account the quality of the literature and its impact on findings. Authors should attempt to review all relevant literature on a topic, including cross-disciplinary work.
- Theoretical framework; conceptual rationale; pragmatic grounding.
- Clear definition of the research questions/purpose. The purpose of any article should be to connect the particular problem to a larger context of TEKNOSIA. Such purpose should be clearly explained and research questions should be listed briefly and clearly.
- Research design, data sources, sampling, procedure.
- Research method and instruments.
- Quality and appropriateness of the analysis. A review should go beyond description to include analysis and critiques of theories, methods, and conclusions represented in the literature. This analysis should also examine which perspectives are included or excluded in a body of work and should be reflective in nature.
- Clarity of the results and appropriateness of the interpretations.
- Organisation, structure and brevity.
- Significance for theory, practice and policy; relevance to the field of sciences and technology. The article should seek to inform and/or illuminate questions important to the field of sciences and technology, pure and interdisciplinary. Such questions may be broadly based, but they should have implications for scientific and technological problems. The article should be seen as an important contribution to science and a relevant source of information to different academicians dealing with the scientific and technological problems.
- Style and language. The article must be well written and conform to style of the publication manual of TEKNOSIA. Authors should avoid the use of unexplained jargon and should write in Oxford English or Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia. For more information on style and format, see the Guide for Authors.
Referees are not expected to correct or copyedit manuscripts. Language correction is not part of the peer review process.
How long does the review process take?
Typically the manuscript will be reviewed within 3 months. Should the referees' reports contradict one another or a report is unnecessarily delayed a further expert opinion will be sought. All our referees sign a conflict of interest statement. Revised manuscripts are usually returned to the initial referees within 1 week. Referees may request more than one revision of a manuscript.
A final decision to accept or reject the manuscript will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the referees, and may include verbatim comments by the referees.
Editor's Decision is final
Referees advise the editor, who is responsible for the final decision to accept or reject the article.
Becoming a Referee for TEKNOSIA
If you are not currently a referee for TEKNOSIA but would like to be added to the list of referees for this title, please contact the editorial office at: email@example.com . The benefits of refereeing for TEKNOSIA include the opportunity to see and evaluate the latest work in your research area at an early stage. You may also be able to cite your work for TEKNOSIA as part of your professional development requirements for various professional societies and organisations.
The Teknosia journal registered with ISSN Number: 1978-8819 (print) and 2798-0588 (Online). This Journal is is related to the Field of Science - Technology (Pure Discipline and Interdisciplinary), published by the Faculty of Engineering, University of Bengkulu.
The journal is published twice a year, in the months of June and December.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Teknosia is a journal that is professionally managed by the Engineering Faculty, Universitas Bengkulu, Indonesia, under consideration of copyright, privacy, and the rules of scientific publications. Every article published focuses mainly on applied linguistics, literature, and English language teaching. Articles are written by authors who are competent in their fields and source from the results of the study/research. Each content of the article contains the elements of novelty, originality, and usability. To improve the journal quality and professionalism of authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers, it is then established "Ethics of Scientific Publications of Teknosia". They are to avoid malpractice in publishing journals and copyright violations, such as duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism. They refer to "Peraturan Kepala LIPI Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 tentang Kode Etika Publikasi Ilmiah". They are expected to be implemented by the authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers.
- Reporting; authors should report the process and results of their research fairly, clearly, precisely, accurately, thoroughly, and impartially as well as save the data well. Honesty is expected in presenting any data and information listed in content and research results.
- Originality; authors make a statement that the paper submitted to the journal editor is original (from the author's own ideas), has never been delivered and published in any media, in any language, and not in the process of submission to another publisher. The case of publication duplication and deception, the article is subject to be removed from this journal.
- Clear sources; authors should mention and ensure that any reading materials used as citations and bibliography are written clearly and completely. Authors are strictly forbidden to quote the writings of others without citing the original source.
- Responsibility; authors are fully responsible for the data and research writings, in terms of methods, analysis, calculation, and details. If verification is required from editors and reviewers, the authors are willing to answer it clearly, precisely and fairly.
- Agreement; authors ensure that the names listed in the article are based on contributions of ideas and thoughts every writer and have been approved by the entire team of writers. Any changes, reductions or additions of author names, should be approved the team of writers. Any other parties contributing fully ( non-substance ) in writing this paper, the authors express their gratitude to the relevant parties.
- Punctuality; authors revise the script and edit texts punctually for the sake of discipline and regular journal publication. Otherwise, the authors are ready to take the consequences, which is the delay of journal article publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; authors uphold copyright and privacy of one another to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of a conflict of interest with other parties, the authors must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; the editor is neutral in selecting and screening manuscript. The editor must be objective and fair to all writers who submitted their written works. The editor is forbidden to be discriminative to the authors in terms of gender, ethnicity, religion, race, intergroup, or nationality.
- Reporting; editor reports the selection and reviews scripts clearly and accurately to the author based on accuracy, completeness, and clarity of reporting of result research and its development, including editing techniques and the use of guidelines for publication and screenwriting.
- Communicative; editor communicates effectively and efficiently in the process of publishing the journal. Every suggestion and criticism from authors, reviewers, and journal managers should be addressed clearly, fairly and transparently.
- Fairness; editor distributes scripts to editor team members and reviewers fairly based on their respective competence.
- Professional; editor works professionally based on his duties and responsibilities. The editor should understand any policy related to journal publication. Editor ensures that every script has undergone the editorial process and review correctly, fairly, and objectively.
- Responsibility; editor takes full responsibility for the success of journal publication. Editor guarantees that every journal article published is a new paper and not a copy, and gives benefits to those reading and accessing the journals.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editor upholds copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflict of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, an editor must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; reviewer is fair, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favor of scientific truth. The script review process is carried out professionally without distinguishing the writer’s background. The reviewer is prohibited conduct a review of papers involving himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Professional; reviewer should be critical and professional in assessing a paper (related to his expertise), open about new things, able to keep the secret of the things being assessed, does not take personal advantage of the paper he assesses, as well as has a passion for improving written works. The reviewer has the right to refuse a script if it does not correspond to his expertise. He then can recommend it to the other more competent reviewers in accordance with the scope of publication.
- Quality assurance; reviewer has a duty to assist editors in improving the quality of paper he reviews. Reviewer analyzes papers on the substance not on grammar, punctuation, and typos. The reviewer is required to uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in the process of reviewing a paper. Reviewer works on the principle of truth, novelty, and originality; prioritizes benefit of the paper for the development of science, technology, and innovation; as well as understands the impact of paper on the development of science.
- Punctuality; reviewer reviews the script and gives a response to the editor quickly, expected to be on time. If the time is not enough, the reviewer then informs the editor with a clear reason for the sake of discipline and regularity of journal publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; reviewer upholds copyright and privacy of each other in order to avoid conflicts of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, the reviewer must finish it justly and wisely.
JOURNAL MANAGEMENT ETHICS
- Decision-making; journal managers should define the vision, mission, and goals of the organization in journal publication based on the recommendation of reviewers and the editorial board. To do so, journal managers are neutral and free from conflicts of interest of individuals or groups, business aspects, aspects of ethnicity, religion, race, and intergroup.
- Freedom; journal managers give freedom to the reviewer and editor to create harmony at working atmosphere and mutual respect for one another in order to guarantee and protect intellectual property rights, particularly those related to the management of funds received from third parties. Journal managers encourage editors and reviewers to apply the ethics clearance including confidentiality, licensing, and special requirements in research on humans, animals, and other living creatures.
- Responsibility; journal managers are responsible for the guideline of journal publication policies, starting from the name of an issue, scientific scope, script writing style, collaboration, licensing and legal publications, and evaluation of script publication.
- Promotion; journal managers promote and ensure the sustainability of journal publication. Journal managers are entitled to determine the funding in accordance with the policies and needs of journal publication. In its management, funders do not intervene in terms of issue substance. Source of research and development fund is included in the publication without affecting the reader's perception.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; journal managers uphold copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of the conflict of interest with other parties, journal managers must finish it justly and wisely.
Teknosia is an open-access journal so that it is free of charge for readers, writers, and anyone accessing full-text articles in this journal site [see Open Access Policy]