Focus and Scope
Jurnal Vokasi Keperawatan (JVK) is an open-source journal (e-journal) for nurses, the health care profession, and researchers. The Journal is published twice a year, June and December. JVK accepts original research articles and/or original literature review articles that have not been published in other media or other scientific journals.
The focus and scope of the journal include:
- Fundamentals Nursing
- Medical and surgical care (Adult)
- Emergency and critical care
- Gerontological nursing
- Community Nursing
- Family health care
- Mental health care
- Maternity care
- Nursing leadership and management
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in nursing
- Nursing Education
- Management in Nursing
- Women's Health Care
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
The research article submitted to this online journal will be peer-reviewed at least by 2 (two) reviewers. The final decision of the acceptance or rejection of the article is made by Editor-in-Chief based on the comments given by the reviewers. Screening of plagiarism will be done by utilizing Google Scholar and/or Viper. The accepted research articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process.
June and December
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
- Jurnal Vokasi Keperawatan (JVK) is a journal that is professionally managed by the Program Study of Nursing, Universitas Bengkulu, Indonesia, under consideration of copyright, privacy, and the rules of scientific publications. Every article published focuses mainly on applied Fundamentals Nursing Medical and surgical care (Adult), Emergency and critical care, Gerontological nursing, Community Nursing, Family health care, Mental health care, Childcare, Maternity care, Nursing leadership and management, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in nursing, Nursing Education, Management in Nursing, Women's Health Care. Articles are written by authors who are competent in their fields and source from the results of the study/research. Each content of the article contains the elements of novelty, originality, and usability. To improve the journal quality and professionalism of authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers, it is the established "Ethics of Scientific Publications of JVK". They are to avoid malpractice in publishing journals and copyright violations, such as duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism. They are expected to be implemented by the authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers.
- Reporting; authors should report the process and results of their research fairly, clearly, precisely, accurately, thoroughly, and impartially as well as save the data well. Honesty is expected in presenting any data and information listed in content and research results.
- Originality; authors make a statement that the paper submitted to the journal editor is original (from the author's own ideas), has never been delivered and published in any media, in any language, and is not in the process of submission to another publisher. In the case of publication duplication and deception, the article is subject to be removed from this journal.
- Clear sources; authors should mention and ensure that any reading materials used as citations and bibliography are written clearly and completely. Authors are strictly forbidden to quote the writings of others without citing the original source.
- Responsibility; authors are fully responsible for the data and research writings, in terms of methods, analysis, calculation, and details. If verification is required from editors and reviewers, the authors are willing to answer it clearly, precisely and fairly.
- Agreement; authors ensure that the names listed in the article are based on contributions of ideas and thoughts of every writer and have been approved by the entire team of writers. Any changes, reductions or additions of author names, should be approved by the team of writers. Any other parties contributing fully ( non-substance ) in writing this paper, the authors express their gratitude to the relevant parties.
- Punctuality; authors revise the script and edit texts punctually for the sake of discipline and regular journal publication. Otherwise, the authors are ready to take the consequences, which is the delay of journal article publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; authors uphold copyright and privacy of one another to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of a conflict of interest with other parties, the authors must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; the editor is neutral in selecting and screening manuscripts. The editor must be objective and fair to all writers who submitted their written works. The editor is forbidden to be discriminative to the authors in terms of gender, ethnicity, religion, race, intergroup, or nationality.
- Reporting; editor reports the selection and reviews scripts clearly and accurately to the author based on accuracy, completeness, and clarity of reporting of result research and its development, including editing techniques and the use of guidelines for publication and screenwriting.
- Communicative; editor communicates effectively and efficiently in the process of publishing the journal. Every suggestion and criticism from authors, reviewers, and journal managers should be addressed clearly, fairly and transparently.
- Fairness; editor distributes scripts to editor team members and reviewers fairly based on their respective competence.
- Professional; editor works professionally based on his duties and responsibilities. The editor should understand any policy related to journal publication. The editor ensures that every script has undergone the editorial process and reviewed correctly, fairly, and objectively.
- Responsibility; editor takes full responsibility for the success of journal publication. Editor guarantees that every journal article published is a new paper and not a copy, and gives benefits to those reading and accessing the journals.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editor upholds copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflict of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, an editor must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; the reviewer is fair, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favour of scientific truth. The script review process is carried out professionally without distinguishing the writer’s background. The reviewer is prohibited conduct a review of papers involving himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Professional; reviewer should be critical and professional in assessing a paper (related to his expertise), open about new things, able to keep the secret of the things being assessed, does not take personal advantage of the paper he assesses, as well as has a passion for improving written works. The reviewer has the right to refuse a script if it does not correspond to his expertise. He then can recommend it to the other more competent reviewers in accordance with the scope of the publication.
- Quality assurance; reviewer has a duty to assist editors in improving the quality of the paper he reviews. The reviewer analyzes papers on the substance not on grammar, punctuation, and typos. The reviewer is required to uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in the process of reviewing a paper. The reviewer works on the principle of truth, novelty, and originality; prioritizes the benefit of the paper for the development of science, technology, and innovation; as well as understands the impact of paper on the development of science.
- Punctuality; reviewer reviews the script and gives a response to the editor quickly, expected to be on time. If the time is not enough, the reviewer then informs the editor with a clear reason for the sake of discipline and regularity of journal publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; reviewer upholds copyright and privacy of each other in order to avoid conflicts of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, the reviewer must finish it justly and wisely.
JOURNAL MANAGEMENT ETHICS
- Decision-making; journal managers should define the vision, mission, and goals of the organization in journal publication based on the recommendation of reviewers and the editorial board. To do so, journal managers are neutral and free from conflicts of interest of individuals or groups, business aspects, aspects of ethnicity, religion, race, and intergroup.
- Freedom; journal managers give freedom to the reviewer and editor to create harmony in the working atmosphere and mutual respect for one another in order to guarantee and protect intellectual property rights, particularly those related to the management of funds received from third parties. Journal managers encourage editors and reviewers to apply ethics clearance including confidentiality, licensing, and special requirements in research on humans, animals, and other living creatures.
- Responsibility; journal managers are responsible for the guideline of journal publication policies, starting from the name of an issue, scientific scope, scriptwriting style, collaboration, licensing and legal publications, and evaluation of script publication.
- Promotion; journal managers promote and ensure the sustainability of journal publication. Journal managers are entitled to determine the funding in accordance with the policies and needs of journal publication. In its management, funders do not intervene in terms of issue substance. The Source of the research and development funds is included in the publication without affecting the reader's perception.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; journal managers uphold the copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of a conflict of interest with other parties, journal managers must finish it justly and wisely.
For further information on the ethics of scientific publication, please access Committee On Publication Ethics (COPE) site.
Jurnal Vokasi Keperawatan (JVK) is an open-access journal so that it is free of charge for readers, writers, and anyone accessing full-text articles in this journal site [see Open Access Policy]
Indexing and Abstracting
Policy on Plagiarism
Plagiarism is a serious problem and is very easy to avoid. We use the Turnitin and Plagiarism Checker software for the early detection of possible plagiarism. But still, if there are articles found plagiarized later with the similarity number exceeding 30%, the right action will be taken. We will review articles that are suspected/claimed not to be in accordance with the publication ethics and that article may be withdrawn.