- Focus and Scope
- Section Policies
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Publication Ethics
- Subscribe Policy
- Indexing and Abstracting
- Policy on Plagiarism
- About Publisher
Focus and Scope
SPORT GYMNASTICS : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani, bianually publishes research on various aspects of the sports and exercise sciences, physical education, health, sports, physical, recreation and others, articles written in Indonesian and English. Sub topics can be as follows:
1. Physical Education
10. Sports medicine
11. Sports nutrition
12. Sports traditional
13. The learning model
14. The learning methods
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
SPORT GYMNASTICS : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani applies double blind peer review process. Each submission of the manuscript will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers, followed by editorial comments. Editor-in-Chief or editor in accordance with the field of research will provide a decision of acceptance / rejection.
A. Pre-check manuscript
After submission, this examination was initially to assess: Suitability of the text with the scope of the journal template and plagiarism, if the text does not match the template and the similarity number exceeds 30% then the text will be returned to be repaired first.
B. Review by peer colleagues
The process is double peer-blind, double peer-reviewed, meaning that the author does not know the identity of the reviewers and the reviewers do not know the identity of the author. To assist editors, SG staff handles all communication with authors, reviewers, and external editors. The editor will check the script status and the identity of the reviewer at any time. Reviewers were given two until four weeks to write their review. To review the revised text, reviewers are asked to provide their report within two week.
C. Editor DecisionThe decision to accept the text, after the peer review, was made by the editor. Editors can choose from: accept, reject, ask the revised author, request an additional reviewer.
SPORT GYMNASTICS : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani is published twice a year; in April and October.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
However, works/articles in this journal as are bound to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
SPORT GYMNASTICS : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani is a professionally managed journal by the Physical Education program, Bengkulu University, Indonesia, articles written in Indonesian and English. under consideration of copyright, privacy, and the rules of scientific publications. Articles are written by authors who are competent in their fields and source from the results of the study/research. Each content of the article contains the elements of novelty, originality, and usability. To improve journal quality and professionalism of authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers, it is then established "Ethics of Scientific Publications of SPORT GYMNASTICS : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani". They are to avoid malpractice in publishing journals and copyright violations, such as duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism. They refer to "Peraturan Kepala LIPI Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 tentang Kode Etika Publikasi Ilmiah". They are expected to be implemented by the authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers.
- Reporting; authors should report the process and results of their research fairly, clearly, precisely, accurately, thoroughly, and impartially as well as save the data well. Honesty is expected in presenting any data and information listed in content and research results.
- Originality; authors make a statement that the paper submitted to the journal editor is original (from the author's own ideas), has never been delivered and published in any media, in any language, and not in the process of submission to another publisher. The case of publication duplication and deception, the article is subject to be removed from this journal.
- Clear sources; authors should mention and ensure that any reading materials used as citations and bibliography are written clearly and completely. Authors are strictly forbidden to quote the writings of others without citing the original source.
- Responsibility; authors are fully responsible for the data and research writings, in terms of methods, analysis, calculation, and details. If verification is required from editors and reviewers, the authors are willing to answer it clearly, precisely and fairly.
- Agreement; authors ensure that the names listed in the article are based on contributions of ideas and thoughts every writer and have been approved by the entire team of writers. Any changes, reductions or additions of author names, should be approved the team of writers. Any other parties contributing fully ( non-substance ) in writing this paper, the authors express their gratitude to the relevant parties.
- Punctuality; authors revise the script and edit texts punctually for the sake of discipline and regular journal publication. Otherwise, the authors are ready to take the consequences, which is the delay of journal article publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; authors uphold copyright and privacy of one another to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of a conflict of interest with other parties, the authors must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; the editor is neutral in selecting and screening manuscript. The editor must be objective and fair to all writers who submitted their written works. The editor is forbidden to be discriminative to the authors in terms of gender, ethnicity, religion, race, intergroup, or nationality.
- Reporting; editor reports the selection and reviews scripts clearly and accurately to the author based on accuracy, completeness, and clarity of reporting of result research and its development, including editing techniques and the use of guidelines for publication and screenwriting.
- Communicative; editor communicates effectively and efficiently in the process of publishing the journal. Every suggestion and criticism from authors, reviewers, and journal managers should be addressed clearly, fairly and transparently.
- Fairness; editor distributes scripts to editor team members and reviewers fairly based on their respective competence.
- Professional; editor works professionally based on his duties and responsibilities. The editor should understand any policy related to journal publication. Editor ensures that every script has undergone the editorial process and review correctly, fairly, and objectively.
- Responsibility; editor takes full responsibility for the success of journal publication. Editor guarantees that every journal article published is a new paper and not a copy, and gives benefits to those reading and accessing the journals.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editor upholds copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflict of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, an editor must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; reviewer is fair, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favor of scientific truth. The script review process is carried out professionally without distinguishing the writer’s background. The reviewer is prohibited conduct a review of papers involving himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Professional; reviewer should be critical and professional in assessing a paper (related to his expertise), open about new things, able to keep the secret of the things being assessed, does not take personal advantage of the paper he assesses, as well as has a passion for improving written works. The reviewer has the right to refuse a script if it does not correspond to his expertise. He then can recommend it to the other more competent reviewers in accordance with the scope of publication.
- Quality assurance; reviewer has a duty to assist editors in improving the quality of paper he reviews. Reviewer analyzes papers on the substance not on grammar, punctuation, and typos. The reviewer is required to uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in the process of reviewing a paper. Reviewer works on the principle of truth, novelty, and originality; prioritizes benefit of the paper for the development of science, technology, and innovation; as well as understands the impact of paper on the development of science.
- Punctuality; reviewer reviews the script and gives a response to the editor quickly, expected to be on time. If the time is not enough, the reviewer then informs the editor with a clear reason for the sake of discipline and regularity of journal publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; reviewer upholds copyright and privacy of each other in order to avoid conflicts of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, the reviewer must finish it justly and wisely.
JOURNAL MANAGEMENT ETHICS
- Decision-making; journal managers should define the vision, mission, and goals of the organization in journal publication based on the recommendation of reviewers and the editorial board. To do so, journal managers are neutral and free from conflicts of interest of individuals or groups, business aspects, aspects of ethnicity, religion, race, and intergroup.
- Freedom; journal managers give freedom to the reviewer and editor to create harmony at working atmosphere and mutual respect for one another in order to guarantee and protect intellectual property rights, particularly those related to the management of funds received from third parties. Journal managers encourage editors and reviewers to apply the ethics clearance including confidentiality, licensing, and special requirements in research on humans, animals, and other living creatures.
- Responsibility; journal managers are responsible for the guideline of journal publication policies, starting from the name of an issue, scientific scope, script writing style, collaboration, licensing and legal publications, and evaluation of script publication.
- Promotion; journal managers promote and ensure the sustainability of journal publication. Journal managers are entitled to determine the funding in accordance with the policies and needs of journal publication. In its management, funders do not intervene in terms of issue substance. Source of research and development fund is included in the publication without affecting the reader's perception.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; journal managers uphold copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of the conflict of interest with other parties, journal managers must finish it justly and wisely.
Further information on ethics of scientific publication, please access Committee On Publication Ethics (COPE) site.
SPORT GYMNASTICS: Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani is an open access journal so that it is free of charge for readers, writers, and anyone accessing full-text articles in this journal site [see Open Access Policy]
Indexing and Abstracting
has been indexed and abstracted in
The views expressed in published works do not reveal the views of the journal/publisher/Editor/Editorial Staff. The authors have legal and moral responsibility for the ideas expressed in the article. The issuer will not have obligations in the event of issuing claims for damage. The issuer will not be considered legally responsible if there is a compensation claim.
Policy on Plagiarism
Plagiarism is a serious problem and is very easy to avoid. We use the Turnitin and Plagiarism Checker software for early detection of possible plagiarism. But still if there are articles found plagiarized later with the similarity number exceeds 30%, the right action will be taken. We will review articles that are suspected/claimed not to be in accordance with the publication ethics and that article may be withdrawn. This is Statement of Originality(Download)
SPORT GYMNASTICS : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani (E-ISSN :2746-055X) is published by UNIB Press, a publisher unit of Universitas Bengkulu in collaboration with the Study Program Physical Education; Open access online journal, (Bengkulu City, Indonesia).