- Focus and Scope
- Section Policies
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
- Subscribe Policy
- Indexing and Abstracting
- Author Fees
- Author Guidelines
- Open Access Policy
- Screening for Plagiarism
- Copyright Notice
Focus and Scope
The aim of this journal is to publish research articles that explore the application of any language in teaching and the everyday experience of language in education. This journal focuses on language education, language teaching, and literature. The article should be written in English. Sub topics can be as follows
- Language teaching methodologies,
- Teaching and curricular practices
- Curriculum development and teaching methods
- Second and foreign language teaching and learning
- Classroom-centered research
- Language education
- Teacher education and professional development
- Teacher training
- Child, second, and foreign language acquisition
- Bilingual and multilingual education
- New technologies in language teaching
- Testing and evaluation
- Literature, language, and linguistics
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
The submitted articles will be reviewed by two reviewers for each article with blind peer review type. The main pints which are going to see in reviewing process are the title of the articles, the literatures use, methodology, references, novelty, etc. The reviewing process takes a month and of course, the reviewvers are selected based on their expertise in language education and teaching.
The journal published four times in a year namely March, June, September and December. Each edition contains 10 articles.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full text of articles in this journal, and to use them for any other lawful purpose.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Journal of English Education and Teaching (JEET) is a journal that is professionally managed by English Eduacation program, Universitas Bengkulu, Indonesia, under consideration of copyright, privacy, and the rules of scientific publications. Every article published focuses mainly on applied linguistics, literature, and English language teaching. Articles are written by authors who are competent in their fields and source from the results of the study/research. Each content of the article contains the elements of novelty, originality, and usability. To improve journal quality and professionalism of authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers, it is then established "Ethics of Scientific Publications of JEET" and Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). They are to avoid malpractice in publishing journals and copyright violations, such as duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism. They refer to "Peraturan Kepala LIPI Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 tentang Kode Etika Publikasi Ilmiah". They are expected to be implemented by the authors, editors, reviewers, and journal managers.
- Reporting; authors should report the process and results of their research fairly, clearly, precisely, accurately, thoroughly, and impartially as well as save the data well. Honesty is expected in presenting any data and information listed in content and research results.
- Originality; authors make a statement that the paper submitted to the journal editor is original (from the author's own ideas), has never been delivered and published in any media, in any language, and not in the process of submission to another publisher. The case of publication duplication and deception, the article is subject to be removed from this journal.
- Clear sources; authors should mention and ensure that any reading materials used as citations and bibliography are written clearly and completely. Authors are strictly forbidden to quote the writings of others without citing the original source.
- Responsibility; authors are fully responsible for the data and research writings, in terms of methods, analysis, calculation, and details. If verification is required from editors and reviewers, the authors are willing to answer it clearly, precisely and fairly.
- Agreement; authors ensure that the names listed in the article are based on contributions of ideas and thoughts every writer and have been approved by the entire team of writers. Any changes, reductions or additions of author names, should be approved the team of writers. Any other parties contributing fully ( non-substance ) in writing this paper, the authors express their gratitude to the relevant parties.
- Punctuality; authors revise the script and edit texts punctually for the sake of discipline and regular journal publication. Otherwise, the authors are ready to take the consequences, which is the delay of journal article publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; authors uphold copyright and privacy of one another to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of a conflict of interest with other parties, the authors must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; the editor is neutral in selecting and screening manuscript. The editor must be objective and fair to all writers who submitted their written works. The editor is forbidden to be discriminative to the authors in terms of gender, ethnicity, religion, race, intergroup, or nationality.
- Reporting; editor reports the selection and reviews scripts clearly and accurately to the author based on accuracy, completeness, and clarity of reporting of result research and its development, including editing techniques and the use of guidelines for publication and screenwriting.
- Communicative; editor communicates effectively and efficiently in the process of publishing the journal. Every suggestion and criticism from authors, reviewers, and journal managers should be addressed clearly, fairly and transparently.
- Fairness; editor distributes scripts to editor team members and reviewers fairly based on their respective competence.
- Professional; editor works professionally based on his duties and responsibilities. The editor should understand any policy related to journal publication. Editor ensures that every script has undergone the editorial process and review correctly, fairly, and objectively.
- Responsibility; editor takes full responsibility for the success of journal publication. Editor guarantees that every journal article published is a new paper and not a copy, and gives benefits to those reading and accessing the journals.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editor upholds copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflict of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, an editor must solve it justly and wisely.
- Neutrality; reviewer is fair, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favor of scientific truth. The script review process is carried out professionally without distinguishing the writer’s background. The reviewer is prohibited conduct a review of papers involving himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Professional; reviewer should be critical and professional in assessing a paper (related to his expertise), open about new things, able to keep the secret of the things being assessed, does not take personal advantage of the paper he assesses, as well as has a passion for improving written works. The reviewer has the right to refuse a script if it does not correspond to his expertise. He then can recommend it to the other more competent reviewers in accordance with the scope of publication.
- Quality assurance; reviewer has a duty to assist editors in improving the quality of paper he reviews. Reviewer analyzes papers on the substance not on grammar, punctuation, and typos. The reviewer is required to uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in the process of reviewing a paper. Reviewer works on the principle of truth, novelty, and originality; prioritizes benefit of the paper for the development of science, technology, and innovation; as well as understands the impact of paper on the development of science.
- Punctuality; reviewer reviews the script and gives a response to the editor quickly, expected to be on time. If the time is not enough, the reviewer then informs the editor with a clear reason for the sake of discipline and regularity of journal publication.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; reviewer upholds copyright and privacy of each other in order to avoid conflicts of interest. Should a conflict of interest arise with other parties, the reviewer must finish it justly and wisely.
JOURNAL MANAGEMENT ETHICS
- Decision-making; journal managers should define the vision, mission, and goals of the organization in journal publication based on the recommendation of reviewers and the editorial board. To do so, journal managers are neutral and free from conflicts of interest of individuals or groups, business aspects, aspects of ethnicity, religion, race, and intergroup.
- Freedom; journal managers give freedom to the reviewer and editor to create harmony at working atmosphere and mutual respect for one another in order to guarantee and protect intellectual property rights, particularly those related to the management of funds received from third parties. Journal managers encourage editors and reviewers to apply the ethics clearance including confidentiality, licensing, and special requirements in research on humans, animals, and other living creatures.
- Responsibility; journal managers are responsible for the guideline of journal publication policies, starting from the name of an issue, scientific scope, script writing style, collaboration, licensing and legal publications, and evaluation of script publication.
- Promotion; journal managers promote and ensure the sustainability of journal publication. Journal managers are entitled to determine the funding in accordance with the policies and needs of journal publication. In its management, funders do not intervene in terms of issue substance. Source of research and development fund is included in the publication without affecting the reader's perception.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; journal managers uphold copyright and privacy of each other to avoid conflicts of interest. In the event of the conflict of interest with other parties, journal managers must finish it justly and wisely.
Journal of English Education and Teaching(JEET) is an open access journal so that it is free of charge for readers, writers, and anyone accessing full-text articles in this journal site [see Open Access Policy]
Indexing and Abstracting
Journal of English Education and Teaching(JEET) has been indexed and abstracted in
Starting from June 2018 this journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Fast-Track Review: 0.00 (IDR)
Article Publication: 1.250.000 (IDR)
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Open Access Policy
Journal of English Education and Teaching (JEET) provides open access directly to content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports global exchanges that are greater than knowledge. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, link to the full text of this article, or use it for other legitimate purposes under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Screening for Plagiarism
SCREENING FOR PLAGIARISM
Plagiarism is a serious problem and is very easy to avoid. Articles indicated that plagiarism is not permitted to be published in Journal of English Education and Teaching (JEET). We use the Plagiarism Checker software for early detection of possible plagiarism. But still if there are articles found plagiarized later, the right action will be taken in accordance with the publisher's guidelines on plagiarism. We will review articles that are suspected / claimed not to be in accordance with the publication ethics of JEET publishers and that article may be withdrawn. In addition, the article must be under 20 percent for similarity.
The author who submits the manuscript must understand and agree that the copyright is held by Journal of English Education and Teaching.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, link, or use for any other lawful purpose. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
• Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)
Journal of English Education and Teaching (JEET) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.