Main Article Content


The number of sexual violence against children in Indonesia continues to increase yearly, and most incidents of sexual violence occur in households and nearby places. They are perpetrated by people close to the child. So parents need to understand sex education for early childhood in order to prevent sexual violence experienced in early childhood. This study aimed to analyze the relationship between access to information obtained by parents on an understanding of early childhood sexual education. The method used in this research is descriptive with a quantitative approach. Data collection was carried out by observation, interviews, and questionnaires given to parents of early childhood at the Delima PAUD unit, Bengkulu City. The results showed that 57.78% of parents most often access information through social media, 33.33% through television, 4.44% through books, newspapers, and magazines, and 4.44% through radio. The data processing results using SPSS show a reasonably close relationship between access to information obtained by parents and understanding of early childhood sexual education. The more quality access to information obtained, the better understanding parents will have. The coefficient of determinant shows that access to information obtained by parents explains the understanding of early childhood sexual education by 19.9%, and other variables explain the remaining 80.1%.


Pendidikan Seksual Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini Akses Informasi Sexual Education Early Childhood Acces to Information

Article Details

Author Biographies

Bayu Pradikto, Universitas Bengkulu



Achmad Hufad, (Scopus ID:57191488887) Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia

Departemen Pendidikan Masyarakat


Viena Rusmiati Hasanah, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia

Departemen Pendidikan Masyarakat


How to Cite
Pradikto, B., Hufad, A., & Hasanah, V. R. (2023). The Relationship Between Information Access and Parental Understanding of Early Childhood Sexual Education. Jurnal Ilmiah Potensia, 8(1), 86–94.


  1. Alucyana, A. (2018). Pendekatan Metode Bermain Peran untuk Pendidikan Seks Anak Usia Dini. Generasi Emas: Jurnal Pendidikan Islam Anak Usia Dini, 1(1), 1–16.
  2. Antara News. (2020, September 4). Kekerasan seksual pada anak di Bengkulu capai 105 kasus - ANTARA News Bengkulu.
  3. Asosiasi Penyelenggara Jasa Internet Indonesia. (2022). Profil Internet Indonesia 2022. Apji.or.Od, June, 10.
  4. BPS. (2021, January 21). Jumlah Penduduk Provinsi Bengkulu 2020. Badan Pusat Statistik.
  5. Chairilsyah, D. (2019). Sex Education in the Context of Indonesian Early Childhood. International Journal of Educational Best Practices, 3(2), 41.
  6. Coffelt, T. A. (2017). Deciding to reveal sexual information and sexuality education in mother-daughter relationships. Sex Education, 17(5), 571–587.
  7. Databoks. (2022, June 10). APJII: Penetrasi Internet Indonesia Capai 77,02% pada 2022.
  8. Fang, Y., Zheng, Y., Jin, Y., Yu, C., Zuo, X., Lian, Q., Lou, C., Li, L., Hong, P., & Tu, X. (2022). Sexual-Related Knowledge, School and Family Sexuality Education and Its Association with Experience of Sexual Intercourse among Vocational Secondary School Students in China. Children, 9(8), 1206.
  9. Fowler, L. R., Schoen, L., Smith, H. S., & Morain, S. R. (2022). Sex Education on TikTok: A Content Analysis of Themes. Health Promotion Practice, 23(5), 739–742.
  10. Holstrom, A. M. (2015). Sexuality Education Goes Viral: What We Know About Online Sexual Health Information. Http://Dx.Doi.Org/10.1080/15546128.2015.1040569, 10(3), 277–294.
  11. Justicia, R. (2017). Pandangan Orang Tua terkait Pendidikan Seks untuk Anak Usia Dini. EARLY CHILDHOOD: JURNAL PENDIDIKAN, 1(2), 28–37.
  12. Nadar, W. (2017). Persepsi Orang Tua Mengenai Pendidikan Seks Untuk Anak Usia Dini. Jurnal Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini, 1(2), 77–90.
  13. Pradikto, B., Wardana, R. W., & Sofino, S. (2022). Pemahaman Pendidikan Seks Anak Usia Dini Pada Orang Tua dan Pendidik Di PAUD Delima. Aksara: Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan Nonformal, 8(2), 1155.
  14. Soesilo, T. D. (2021). Pelaksanaan Parenting Pendidikan Seks (Pesek) Anak Usia Dini di PAUD Tunas Bangsa Ungaran Kabupaten Semarang. Scholaria: Jurnal Pendidikan Dan Kebudayaan, 11(1), 47–53.
  15. Sugiyono. (2017). Metode Penelitian kuantitatif, kualitatif dan R & D. Alfabeta.
  16. Sutabri, T. (2016). Sistem Informasi Manajemen. Andi Publisher.
  17. The Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection. (2020, June 23). Angka Kekerasan Seksual pada Anak Tinggi pada Masa Pandemi Covid-19. Kementerian Pemberdayaan Perempuan Dan Perlindungan Anak. terhadap-anak-tinggi-di-masa-pandemi-kemen-pppa-sosialisasikan-protokol- perlindungan-anak
  18. The Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection. (2022, January 1). Sistem Informasi Online Perlindungan Perempuan dan Anak.
  19. Zarkasyi, W. (2015). Penelitian Pendidikan Matematika. PT Refika Aditama.